Welcome to Camp Colossus, a movable glamping and kayaking adventure on Isla Espiritu Santo! Camp Colossus was created for those who want the joy of kayaking from beach to beach in a wild, pristine environment, matched with the comforts of walk-in tents, chef-prepared meals, and full panga support.
During this 6-day, 5-night trip, we'll kayak the length of Isla Espiritu Santo, making camp at 3 beautiful beaches along the way. In addition to kayaking our adventures will include swimming with playful sea lions puppies, snorkeling beautiful reefs, hiking the volcanic trails of the island, bird watching (there's Blue-footed Boobies!) and taking in the stars and Milky Way at night. The bliss that is being in Baja!
Camp Colossus features 12" x 16" walk-in tents that have comfortable cots with sleeping bags, chairs inside and out, bedside tables with lamps, storage areas and towels. There is a dining area where the camp chefs serve terrific food throughout the day, starting with cold breakfast and coffee, followed by hot breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner. A compost toilet cabaña completes the camp.
To maximize your enjoyment of Camp Colossus and to have as smooth a trip as possible, please note the following points when planning your trip:
- Boats leave for the island at 10:00 AM on the morning of your reservation, so please plan to arrive in Baja at least one night prior to the start date of your Camp Colouss trip.
- We generally return to shore about 11:00 AM on the final day of your trip, but wind or other conditions may determine the exact hour and could have an impact on your plans for the remainder of the day. If conditions are good, you should be able to catch a flight out of Los Cabos at 4:00 PM or later, or out of La Paz at 1:00 PM or later. However, we strongly recommend that you book your flight out of Baja for the day following the end of your stay at Camp Colossus (or later) to prevent any vacation snafus.
- The price for Camp Colossus, detailed in the column to the right, includes transfers from hotels in Todos Santos and La Paz, but not Los Cabos. Transfers from Los Cabos hotels and airport can be arranged for an additional fee of US$165 each way.
- All guests are strongly encouraged to purchase travel insurance as there are no refunds for trips that have cancellations or delays due to weather or other factors outside of our control. Our travel insurance partner is World Nomads, and you can reach them through https://www.tosea.net/insurance. Thank you so much for joining us at Camp Colossus and exploring the beauty of Baja!
FI: Fully Inclusive
Isla Espiritu Santo : Camp Colossus
6 Days / 5 Nights
Special Interests: Glamping, Nature, Sea Lions, Kayaking, Snorkeling
Please contact us for more information.
- Roundtrip transfer from your hotel in Todos Santos or La Laz
- Roundtrip island transfer
- Snorkeling gear and wet suit
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 through breakfast on final day. Camp Colossus's Flying Xantus Cafe is widely considered one of the best restaurants in the vicinity of La Paz.
- Daily happy hour
- All adventures and related equipment including swimming with sea lions (in season), kayaking, birding, hiking, snorkeling, star gazing, hanging around doing absolutely nothing
- Accommodations in walk-in tents with cots, sleeping bags, chairs inside and out, bedside table, lamps and towels
- Panga support
- Bilingual naturalist guide who is a certified Wilderness First Responder
- National Park Conservation fee
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Any meal or activity not specifically mentioned in this itinerary
- Gratuities for guides and camp staff